Friday, October 22, 2010

On the Radar: CyHI da Prynce


To say this guy is decent, is an understatement, everything i've heard him on he's stood out. A combo of his wordplay,  flow, and the gravelly voice makes him stand out. I first sat up and took notice of the man on Kanye' s G.O.O.D friday joint. So Appalled, a track with veritable heavyweights in the industry, Jay-Z, Pusha-T, and Kanye, he comes on at the end and owns it. here's how he got on that track.

“I wasn’t supposed to be on ‘So Appalled’. People don’t know that. I kinda cheated. [Kanye] said, ‘Can you think of something to write on the hook?’ I peeped he was kinda sleepy at the time. So he went to sleep, went to the room or something. I stayed in the studio and I said I’m not gonna just do no hook. I’m gonna do my verse.”I did a verse and didn’t tell him the verse was on there and I hid it. He was playing the album for some very important musicians and he played the song. He don’t know my verse is gonna come on and everybody in the room goes bananas. He said, ‘I gotta keep it.’”

Bio, music and vids after the jump






A recent signee to Kanye's G.O.OD Music label, Cyhi da Prynce, Cydel Young, was born in Decatur, specifically the Stone Mountain region of Georgia. His parents were devoted members of the Baptist church, and raised him in a strict environment. He was not permitted to listen to rap music until the age of 12. Not bad for a  late comer. Dude was signed to Konvict, but has since moved to G.O.O.D Music, that  track up there is of his mixtape Royal Flush. It's on heavy rotation round here.













I'm diggin him, lookin forward to an album from the man.For now the mixtape will have to hold you over.click on link for download. Enjoy your weekend all

onsmash

L.G

1 comment: