Thursday, January 20, 2011

SABC stuck inthe 80's

scapegoat

For real? You don't fuckin say! I don't know how much money was spent to come up with these findings. I could have told you that for free.

In the first of 14 interviews aimed at selecting four new members for the national broadcaster's board, business administrator Sethe Makhesha told MPs on Tuesday that while the SABC had made a "lot of effort" with regard to local content, the international film fare it served left a lot to be desired.
"The kind of material that we need to be buying... internationally should be the latest, the [most] recent.
"Because with the low quality that we are currently experiencing -- I mean, for example, we have Sylvester Stallone movies being featured on Friday night, something we used to have in 1985 -- I don't think that is attracting a good target audience."



You're not seriously suggesting it's my acting right


I don't watch anything from the national broadcaster, myself. I find that all their content is an insult to my intellegence. The programmes, even the local ones are just plain stupid, they go way beyond suspending disbelief, they want me to suspend all my life experiences. Before i paint everything on air with the same brush, let me say. There are one or two well written , well thought out programmmes on air. but a majority of them are just too kak, to keep me tuned in. I'm a pretty young guy and if I didn't have Satelite television, i'd rather read books. all day everyday. Let's not blame Sylvester, for this please point the the fingers at yourselves. I wouldn't mind a Rocky marathon every now and then, for nostalgias sake. These jokes who are in charge of programming, are guilty of insulting us. They play some old b grade movie shit on the regular. You need to rethink the whole fuckin strategy.

L.G
timeslive

No comments:

Post a Comment