Thursday, January 13, 2011

Eminem signs Slaughterhouse & Yelawolf to Shady records


Seems as though Shady records is about to up the ante by singing superrap group Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf into the stable.



After much deliberation, Slaughterhouse has joined Eminem’s Shady Records and Interscope Records. There were rumored problems in getting member Joel Ortiz cleared from Koch Records, but the deal was worked out. The group has already recorded with Eminem in Detroit, which is good news for fans anxious to hear their new material. In addition, Alabama-bred rapper Yelawolf, who was already signed with Interscope Records, which released his most recent mixtape Trunk Muzik 0-60, has made the in-house move to sign with Shady Records.

The new signees, along with Eminem, appear on the cover of XXL’s March issue. XXL has released these quotes from the upcoming cover story:

Eminem: "Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse, it’s kinda phase two of Shady. It’s the new generation of Shady Records and as we’re trying to rebuild our label, it’s exciting for hip-hop and with all of these forces coming together and with what everybody’s capable of on the mic, it’s gonna be fun.”

Yelawolf: “Considering where I’m from and the shit I’ve been through, it’s hard to put into words what partnering with Shady means to me, my team at Ghet-O-Vision, and my state of Alabama. I can tell you that when you’re willing to give your life up to see a dream through, the reward is great. And now that I’ve become an apprentice to one of the greatest artists in the world, my potential reaches beyond anything I ever imagined. Let’s kill this shit.”





BCM

Brobible

No comments:

Post a Comment