Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nonhle Goes to Hollywood Review


Last night Vuzu aired the first episode of Nonhle Goes to Hollywood, which is based on Nonhle Thema becoming that face of Vuzu in the states and this requires her to try and make it big in Hollywood as Nonhle Thema whilst being the face of Vuzu that side, the show airs every Wednesday at 19:00 on channel 123 (Vuzu) on DSTV. After the jump are my thoughts on the first episode:



I can't hate on Vuzu and Nonhle for the fantastic show concept but I can start bitching about the quality of the show. When it comes to female celebrity reality shows The Kardashians is a benchmark, perhaps not so much in quality but in entertainment value,right?





It was an absolute mission to sit through the first episode of NGTH because nothing seemed real, we all know that reality shows aren't real but the aim and the key to a reality show is for it to look convincing enough for me to believe that everything that's happening on the screen is real. For lack of a better comparison the show seemed like one of those Nigerian movies you find of Africa Magic, the acting was ridiculous and some shots had the audio seem so far back in the mix that you'd swear the holding the mic was at least 10 feet away from the camera. 





Certain things in the show were very worrying such as the scene where Nonhle is sitting next to her pool and her manager enters the house to find a cold glass of juice with Ice blocks nogal, fair enough maybe she was expecting her manager and knew exactly when she'd arrive, what proceeds to happen is they toast to a great year with juice, toast to a great year with JUICE! are you fucking insane...The Kardashians would have popped a bottle of Moet to toast to a good year, that juice shit what just unrealistic.



Sorry I meant Dom
 
At this point in time I don't see myself watching another episode of  NGTH but since this was the first episode maybe I'll give it a chance next week and see whats in store but I swear if I have to be subjected to another crap episode that'll be the last time I watch that shit, since the show airs at 19:00 I'm sure if I switch channels to the news I'd get more out of that than I did from Nonhle Goes to Hollywood.



 

Just to make it crystal clear I was over the moon to hear that Nonhle is having a reality show but I expected much much more, it doesn't mean just because she's local talent she should be exempt form criticism.This apparently is the first show under her production company and I must say to put your name next to a product that is sub standard is a shame, did no one watch the episode before it was deemed fit for TV?





BCM

No comments:

Post a Comment