Friday, February 18, 2011

Rugby Trick shots



Now i'm born and bred in this country, it's culture and traditions run through my veins. I went to one of the top rugby schools in the country, so you know I love the game. My beloved Super Fifteen, just kicked off about ten minutes ago. However, recently I've stared watching a lot of NFL. Now this is a totally different ball game, and I have to admit I've got into the game quite heavily.

The obvious differences are there for all to spot, we play for posession, they play for territory, their game is played in short bursts, we have longer passages of play. The one thing that I have to give the footballers is, that they have showmanship. It's like watching Lippizaners prance around at a horse meet. It has it's entertainment value, seeing an athlete who's at his prime just show off. That's the one thing missing in Rugby, we're generally a more humble sporting code, and concentrate on getting the job done rather than coreographing intricate moves for each time we score, but what we lack in showmanship I think we make up for in humour. Check out the Waratahs Summer Skills video shot in the vain of the Nfl skills videos. Fuckin Brilliant!! more vids after the jump..


Mainly this was done in response to the All Blacks summer skills videos





Let the rivalry begin! I'm backing the Stormers!


L.G

No comments:

Post a Comment