Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Test driving the iPhone 4




Unfortunately fishfinger never made it to the iPhone launch but thanks to MTN I got to feel the phone in the flesh.

I was rather overwhelmed by the sheer beauty of this phone, it looks so bloody sleek. The phone is everything I expected, got to check out the features and I must say that apple made an effort to rectify all the faux pas they made with the previous iPhones.


 

The first thing you'll notice about the phone is the retina display, it is clear as day, I haven't come across a phone with such an exceptional display, this can only serve to make viewing your videos and browsing the web an absolute pleasure.

I've been through my fair share of touch screen phones, I've always found that my thumbs are too large and the phones tend to activate more than one thing. With the iPhone 4 I found typing a text message an absolute breeze, although this can be attributed to the full finger touch that might give people with smaller finger tips an issue, guess you should have eaten your vegetables like your mama told ya to.


Megan Fox would love the iPhone 4
 
After seeing all the pics I would have expected the phone to be smaller but it's not the smallest of phones out here but what it lacks in size it makes up for in weight.






Because of the scarcity of the phone I couldn't fully utilise all its features such as face time, which is a first for apple in one of their phones but it requires you to be in a wifi area because the video quality is in HD which means quality video calls.

Since the phone is relatively new, there are no apps which come standard with the phones but there is a whole lot of apps to tickle your fancy, the coolest app I came across apps based on Holograms, now that’s futuristic.

Overall I rate the iPhone 4 highly and can’t wait to get my hands on my own one, it’s a pity I had the phone for a couple of minutes but it was a pleasure. All the Blackberry people who’re still protesting that the phone doesn’t have Blackberry messenger service, there's an app for that too.

The crappy thing about the phone is that it’s going to set you back R10 000 and rumour is that there are only 4000 units shipped in, so the phone is going to be limited but that sounds like a marketing gimmick so that when all the crack heads start pining for the Blackberry Torch, they’ll probably drop more units…what a fucking bore!


Blackberry Torch


MTN and Vodacom is offering a contract package for the phone. Vodacom is offering the iPhone 4 at R925 x 24 months for the 16GB and MTN is offering the phone at about R700 p/m. 


Best believe it costs that much


I’m getting mine from the overseas and for a much cheaper rate. Why is it that as South Africans we must always be exploited, a mark up on the phone of more than 600% is just daylight robbery!

Source: MTN & Vodacom

BCM

No comments:

Post a Comment