Thursday, September 30, 2010

Late Night News with Loyiso Gola


Last night at 21:30 the first episode of Late Night news with Loyiso Gola aired on ETV, there was a lot of hype surrounding the show as Loyiso was going to tackle current affairs in a manor which would be humerous and enlightening at the same time.

I happened to catch the first episode and this is what i thought of the first show.



The first thing that took me aback was the fact that it seemed as though Loyiso's delivery of the material was put on and lacked a natural feel to it. Now I understand that there is a lot to get through in half an hour but why was the delivery so rushed? It may seem as though I'm hating but don't get me twisted...I've seen my fair share of Loyiso Gola's stand up comedy and what I saw last night wasn't what I expected to see and thats just in terms of delivery.


Riaad Moosa
David Kibuka


The incerpts by David Kibuka and Riahd Moosa are fresh and I found them funnier then the host, they got a couple of chuckles out of me.

The content for the show was on point and it was refreshing to hear the host's perspective to certain issues but other topics were tackled horribly, case and point is the poaching of the Rhinos story, was there even a need to include that cause I don't care how funny you are, there's nothing funny about poached Rhino's and the way it was executed left a nasty taste in my pallet.

I'm glad that the feel of the show isn't as cliched as other late night shows which try too much to be something they're not.  Yet I did sense that Loyiso was rather similar to Howard Stern in terms how he anunciated and presented the show, was that on purpose or is the man biting Sterns style?

Overall I'll be tuning into the show again next week cause I prefer to watch Loyiso gola than Mr Cell C Trevor Noah. 

The Douche Walker
BCM

No comments:

Post a Comment