Monday, September 6, 2010

Anyone say roadtrip?




Road trips are a lot of fun especially if you have some good company with you. The last time I took a road trip was to Bloemfontein and that within itself was epic.

Last week friday, I undertook the task of driving to Port Elizabeth, just to put things into perspective…traveling from Jozi to PE is an 8 hour trip and that’s with minimum stops. Word to the wise,  always mind the company you are with when it comes to a road trip, make sure you’ll keep each other entertained and the conversation is constantly flows, as for my fellow road trip mates, they are great company but they are blind as bats and I mean that in the nicest of ways, the boys can’t see to save their lives when it becomes dark so I had to take the helm and transport us safely.





When we arrived in PE, it was about 1am and instead of heading straight home we decided to hit the club and get a tiny bit sloshed, you can’t blame us, hell! We were driving 8 hours without drinking now that is a tall order for some of us.

If I could give you some warning it would be: Make sure that you get some proper sleep!

We proceeded to wake up bright and early and I can only blame that on excitement and we went to swim in the ocean which tired the shit out of us but we had no choice but to get involved.

We had another all nighter which ended up with us sleeping at 5am and we had initially planned on leaving at 10am, that shit didn’t happen cause when 10am hit we were still in bed and ended up leaving at 2pm, the road wasn’t too bad but when it got dark I saw my ass since no else but I can see in the dark and I’ll tell you my eyes also leave a lot to be desired so I was seeing flames.

Needless to say we got to our destination safely but bloody tired! Waking up today was a nightmare and I still feel like shit, can’t wait to get some proper rest cause sleeping in a car is the crappiest kind of rest you can get!


BCM

No comments:

Post a Comment