Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life above All



This movie is killing it with the reviews coming in from Cannes, I'm talking a standing ovation, that lasted 10 minutes. Now there have been movies i stand and clap for at the end, most recently Inception, but I've never been so moved by a movie that i had the to clap for 10 minutes. So good was the reception of the movie that local distribution houses are giving the movie a special one week long  preview from September 3 at Nu Metro Hydepark. Before it's commercial release in February 2011. Now lookin at this trailer i got disappointed, I hate the cliched Aids, poverty stories. I know it's a reality in South Africa, but shit man, can't we use our imagination to write something, that for only 2 hours allows us to escape? What do i know, I aint never made a movie, I aint damn well never gotten a standing ovation for an oral in class let alone Cannes. So let me shut up and see why this movie has the world clapping.

L.G

news24

2 comments:

  1. Just checked out the trailer and read the review. I agree with LG, but from what I saw from the trailer. The movie is more than jus your typical aids story in South Africa. It’s deeper than that, what is really captivating to me is the era the movie is set in.

    From the trailer I give it a 3/4, it’s a must see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lu, listen man ten minute clappies means it's doin somethin for the ppl, i'm just gonna be unhappy if this is another tsoti/sarafina, which more times than not these movies end up being, ppl at cannes clap coz they don't live this

    ReplyDelete