Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Steve Hofmeyer - "I have Black Friends"


 Normally I slate Steve for being a doos...It's good to know that nothing has changed and I still consider him quite the chop. Seems Steve has gone back on his word and decided not to use "Kaffir" in one of his songs because he has...Wait for it! Black friends. More after the jump:



Rightwing Afrikaans singer Steve Hofmeyr says he no longer plans to sing the k-word, Beeld reported on Tuesday.

"I have black friends and colleagues who will take offence," he said.





 

 He changed his mind following a ruling in the High Court in Johannesburg on Monday that the singing of "shoot the boer" was incitement to murder. But, in a separate case, the Equality Court in Johannesburg still has to rule on whether the song amounted to hate speech.

Hofmeyr threatened to sing the k-word in his song "Ons sal dit oorleef [We will survive this]" if the court allowed "shoot the boer" to be sung in public.

His threats earned him the Sunday Times' Mamparra of the Week crown while Frans Cronje of the SA Institute of Race Relations called him an embarrassment.


 

 
But it was not all for nothing for Hofmeyr -- the music video of his much-publicised song got 15,000 hits on YouTube within 48 hours of being uploaded on the website.



I bet the next statement to follow after "I have Black Friends" is "I've got so many black friends I can count them on one hand". Steve we still don't buy it, in my book you'll always be a racist despite having black friends! I have to wonder whether your black friends will call you to their next braai...Oh shit! they won't cause I'm sure the black friends you talk about are the very same people who clean and landscape your house...Get the fuck outta here with that shit!

BCM

TheNewAge

No comments:

Post a Comment