Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Woman Tattoo's "DRAKE" across her forehead


Having been at the Drake performance this weekend, witnessing first hand the pull Aubrey, has on the ladies. He just brought the groupie out of some of the most composed chicks I know.

I didn't think it would, even though i bore witness there was no way I could anticipate the force was this strong.
This young lady went and tattoed the word "DRAKE" across her forehead. Below is an interview Vice Magazine had with Will Rise Tattoo studio, the ones who put that ink on her forehead.

Kevin Campbell tells Vice:
She was really psyched about it. She had the shitty font all picked out on her iPhone ready to go and was pretty adamant about putting it on her forehead…When I printed up the first image of the lettering, she wanted me to go bigger…
My whole deal with people wanting completely outrageous and potentially life-ruining tattoos is this: I’ll ask them three times if they really think it’s a good idea, I tell them what the potential consequences of getting a tattoo on their face might be, and after that, the bad decision is on them. I believe that people get the tattoos that they deserve
I guess I feel bad that this dumbass got the name of the softest motherfucker in hip-hop tattooed on her forehead. But what makes that any less valid of a tattoo to her?… I lost a little sleep over it that first night, wondering if I wanted to be known as the asshole who tattooed “DRAKE” on some crackhead’s forehead.
more after the jump...




The funny thing is, I didn’t know who Drake was. I figured it was her hood or some shit, not some goofnugget R&B dude.
When it’s something as simple as lettering, I could have tried to steer her into a prettier font maybe, or a different location (obviously), but she was already set on this letterman jacket-style font.
Sadly, she didn’t leave a number on her consent form, just her name. But she is supposed to be coming back to finish the tattoo once it heals (she only had enough money for the outline) and I could probably talk to her then. She was on a pretty good one when she came in, but I think by the time I finished she was coming down, because her attitude changed pretty drastically once the tattoo was finished.
“I don’t particularly want this one tattoo to represent my whole body of work… I’ve actually done some way crazier facial tattoos recently, but was really careful not to blast the shit all over the internet. There are so many kids walking up and down Fairfax with ridiculous facial tattoos that I didn’t think too much about it before I did it. Plus, the whole shaved eyebrow thing usually means you just got put on to your neighborhood or whatever, so I figured she was just some crazy shermed-out cholla who was “down for her calle” or whatever.


I dig the track, but I suppose it more than resonated with her(she was high as fuck).I wonder if Rick Ross, is catching any feelings that no space was left on her forehead for his name? He did contribute to the song after all.



L.G

1 comment:

  1. Women breast tattoos Women breast tattoos, breast tattoos, girl style tattoo, beauty girl tattoo latest Fashion Trends Jeans Jewellery Shoes Shirts Pants shalwar kameez Saree Hairstyle [URL]http://http://www.fashionbeauty.us[/URL]

    ReplyDelete