Wednesday, January 12, 2011

JR vs Bonang on twitter


The great thing about where I work is that sometimes when twitter wars breakout I'm one of the first people to hear about it. Yesterday whilst doing the mid morning show with Bonang on YFM we happened to play a snippet of the new joint from Kanye West and Jay-Z titled H.A.M and as we played it JR tweeted: Dear Yfm, just because a song has been released, doesn't mean its a SINGLE!! ur bombarding our ears with nonsense.

This obviously infuriated the both of us and unbeknown to JR that we can't talk about the song and not let our beloved listeners hear what the hell we're talking about, right!



Within minutes responses were pouring in. Although it is not clear which song he was referring to, Matheba hit back: "SMH!!! (Shake My Head). You not liking a song, doesn't make it rubbish babe!!".

Bogopa backtracked swiftly, saying he "loved" the song and "woke up to download it this morning". He said the song was not an official single acquired from a record label.

Then Matheba told him to switch his radio off it he did not enjoy what he was hearing.

A miffed Bogopa defended himself: "Ok this is my opinion, and therefore is the right one for me . SMH! I aint forcing it on u, unless u really are that stupid."

Matheba, Yfm DJ and SABC1 music show Live presenter, went: "Ok hun! Our listeners want to hear the song, they don't care where we get it from, they just want to hear it . as a public figure, don't go on a public platform and diss a medium that SUPPORTS YOU!!"

He hit back: "I make music for the STREETS that RADIO has to play . Period."


Aah the joys of twitter beef...Some people agree with JR but I don't and I'm probably biased because I was involved in the whole debacle but steered my way far away from twitter when the shots were being fired. I must protest that just because JR had the track in the morning doesn't mean that everyone had access to it which justifies why we pklayed a snippet and not the whole song. Heads up to JR, lambasting a station that supports your music could have some serious repercussions in the near future where your music is concerned. My mom always told me "If you have nothing nice to say than shut the fuck up!"

BCM

times

No comments:

Post a Comment